Susan Horsfield NDD. Artist and Designer.
Born in India and educated there and in Britain. Susan graduated in 1952 in Fine Art at the Polytechnic, Regent Street under P.F.Millard. She then travelled extensively in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Kenya, where she worked in Interior Design. She Returned to Britain in 1950, married and had four children.
Her commissioned works have been in portraiture and personal requests and notably in exhibition and museum murals, among which are works for:
- Foyles, the publishing company
- The Shell Company, represented also in their famous calenders
- The Peter Stuvesant Collection
- The James Gardner Partnership
Her work has been hung and mentioned in….
- The Royal Academy, and on the line.
- The Royal Watercolour Society.
- The London Group.
- The Royal Society of British Artists.
- The Society of Education Through Art.
- Pictures for Schools.
- Women’s International Art Club.
- The Arts Council Travelling Exhibitions in London, Paris and in Provinces.
- The Leicester Galleries.
- New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham.
- The Bear Lane Gallery, Oxford.